A group of seven women formed the Aneves Club, which got its name from reversing the spelling of "seven" and prefixing it with "A", in April 1915. This group became the Alpha Phi chapter of AOII when it was installed by Mary Ellen Chase on February 23rd, 1917 and was the first greek organization to appear on Montana State Universities campus as well as reside in and establish the first house out of all greek chapters at MSU.
The chapter has won many AOII awards, including the JWH Cup in 1941, Distinguished Service Awards in 1969 and 1993, Outstanding Alumnae Advisory Committee Award in 1991, and the McCausland Cup in 1946. The chapter continues to win awards each year at the national level in areas such as academics, recruitment, and ritual. Alpha Phi chapter of AOII will celebrate turning 100 years old in 2017.